Saturday, April 02, 2011

A Majiggy

The other day Sydney found her long lost Wiki Sticks (or is that "stix") in the bottom of the toy box, and she was so grateful that she decided to be generous. After finally managing to unravel the sticky, colorful ball, she told me that before I went to work she would make me something.

"Great, honey," I said vaguely, rushing around and as usual late for work. As promised, a little while later she held out a Wiki Sticks conglomeration vaguely amoeba shaped, and told me I should keep it on my desk at work.

"Thanks honey," I said, holding out my hand for my gift. "....what is it?"

"A thing," Sydney said, who had already embarked on a completely different project involving scissors and playdough.

"What kind of a thing?" I persisted, because heaven forbid six months from now I call it an amoeba and it turns out it is really higher on the evolutionary timetable, say a dinosaur, or a cow, or Buzz Lightyear.

"It's a majiggy," she said absently.

And so I went to work and placed on my desk a genuine Thing, A Majiggy.

No comments: